Bruschetta with California Walnut and Stilton Pesto by Lisa Faulkner
- 100 g California Walnuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 4-6 tbsp olive oil
- 80 g stilton
- A good handful of watercress
- 1 baguette
- Place the walnuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped, put into a bowl
- Whizz the stilton along with 4 tbsp olive oil into the food processor and whizz until they are a paste.
- Add the stilton paste to the walnuts and a handful of watercress, salt and pepper and mix together
- Cut 12 slices of bread from the baguette and put onto a tray. Put under the grill and toast both sides. When toasted rub each slice with garlic and drizzle with olive oil.
- Lay the garlicky toast onto a serving board and top each one with the walnut and stilton and watercress “pesto” mix
- Serve with a glass of something cold and fizzy!