California Walnut and Mincemeat Frangipane Cake by Lisa Faulkner
- 200 g softened butter
- 200 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150 g California Walnuts
- 60 g flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 300 g Mincemeat
- Preheat the oven to 180c (fan)
- Grease a (I use a 20cm fluted tart tin) but any 20cm shallow sandwich tin will do.
- Tip the walnuts and flour into a food processor and blitz until breadcrumbs.
- Either in a stand mixer or with an electric whisk beat the butter and sugar together until pale, add the eggs one at a time then the ground walnuts and flour. Stir through the vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Spoon half the mixture into the tart tin then spoon over a layer of mincemeat and cover with the rest of the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for about 40-45minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- When the cake has cooled enough to take out of the tin put on a lovely serving plate. Serve warm or room temp.