Chicken and Fig Tagine with Caramelised California Walnuts
Servings 4 Servings
- 600 kg raw, skinless chicken legs, thighs and drumsticks
- 3 onions
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp paprika
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1.5 cm piece of ginger
- 150 g dried figs
- 800 ml chicken stock
- 400 g cous cous
- 120 g California Walnuts
- 30 g butter
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- Fresh parsley
- Brown the chicken in a pan by cooking on a high heat for 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from the pan.
- Thinly slice the onions and cook in the same used pan for 3-4 minutes until sweated down.
- Grate the ginger and garlic and add to the pan along with the spices. Mix well.
- Add the chicken back to the pan. Cut the dried figs in half and mix in.
- Pour the stock over, cover and let to cook for 80-90 minutes.
- To make the caramelized California Walnuts, melt the butter in a pan and pour the honey over. When combined add the California Walnuts and cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove and allow to cool on a plate
- Make the cous cous per packet instructions and divide onto plates. Top each plate with a few pieces of chicken and the sauce. Top with the caramelised California Walnuts and fresh parsley.
Calories: 947kcal | Carbohydrates: 111g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 7.4g | Sugar: 36g