Edd Kimber’s California Walnut and Pear Plant-Based Crumble
Crumble season is upon us! Celebrate with this easy pudding from Edd Kimber – with a pear filling and a crunchy, oaty top with California walnuts and cinnamon this crumble is a perfect bake to make with the kids.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 6 pears peeled and roughly chopped
- 65 g coconut sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp freshly ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 35 g coconut sugar
- 60 g rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 60 g California walnuts finely ground
- 50 g California walnuts roughly chopped
- 50 g rice bran oil
- Preheat the oven to 190C (170C fan)
- To make the fruit filling, place the pears into a large bowl with the sugar, lemon juice and cardamon and set aside for a few minutes whilst you make the crumble topping.
- Place the sugar, oats, cinnamon, ground and chopped California walnuts into a bowl and mix together evenly. Drizzle in the oil as you stir with a fork, forming clumps of crumble mixture.
- Sprinkle the cornflour over the fruit mixture and stir to combine. Scrape the fruit mixture into a large ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the crumble topping. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until the juice of the fruit is bubbling and the topping is crisp.
- Serve warm with a little cream.
Serving: 292g | Calories: 572kcal | Carbohydrates: 66.9g | Protein: 6.4g | Fat: 32.8g | Saturated Fat: 3.1g | Fibre: 8.9g | Sugar: 51.6g
Salt: 0.02g. Recipe developed for California Walnut’s and reproduced with the kind permission of Edd Kimber (Boy Who Bakes).