No Knead California Walnut Plant-Based Focaccia
This plant-based bake from Edd Kimber couldn’t be simpler – no need to knead here! With the crunch and creamy taste of California walnuts combined with the sweetness of black grapes this loaf is a welcome addition to any meal.
- 500 g bread flour
- 3 g fast action dried yeast
- 10 g salt
- 400 ml water
- 20 ml olive oil
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 5 sprigs rosemary roughly chopped
- 75 g California walnuts roughly chopped
- 100 g black grapes
- For the focaccia dough, place the flour, yeast and salt into a large bowl and mix. Make a well in the middle of the mixture and pour in the water and oil. Using your hands, mix together to form a rough dough. You don’t need to knead this, just make sure there are no dry pockets of flour. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and set aside for about 8-12 hours or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 220C (200C fan)
- Pour half the oil into a brownie tin (roughly 11x7 inches) and spread to coat the entire tin. Tip the dough into the tin and use your finger tips to press the dough into the corners. Cover the tin with clingfilm and set aside for about 1-2 hours or until risen by about half. Use your finger tips to dimple the dough to create that classic focaccia look. Pour the remaining oil into a small bowl and mix in the chopped rosemary. Pour this oil over the focaccia and sprinkle over the California walnuts and grapes. Finish with a sprinkle of flaked sea salt.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the focaccia is golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool further. Serve whilst still a touch warm.
Serving: 145g | Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 7.3g | Fat: 16.1g | Saturated Fat: 2.2g | Fibre: 3.1g | Sugar: 2.7g
Salt: 1.23g. Recipe developed for California Walnut’s and reproduced with the kind permission of Edd Kimber (Boy Who Bakes).