Figs with Pancetta and California Walnuts
- 100 g rocket leaves
- 30 g lamb’s lettuce
- 6 wafer-thin pancetta slices
- 6 figs halved lengthways
- 15 g California Walnuts roughly
For the vinaigrette
- 4 tbsp mild but peppery olive oil
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Make the vinaigrette by combining the oils and vinegars in a small jug and set aside.
- Put the leaves in a wide salad bowl.
- Set a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add the pancetta and fry until crisp, then remove and drain on kitchen paper. Add the halved figs, cutside down, to the pancetta fat in the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes until warmed through.
- Sprinkle a little salt over the leaves, then pour the vinaigrette over, add the California Walnuts and toss. Top with the figs, pancetta and a grind of black pepper and serve while the figs are warm.
To unlock 10% off your annual subscription to Food and Travel, simply enter code ‘FTCW22’ when subscribing via foodandtravel.com/subscribe.