Griddled Pineapple with Walnut Crust
- 100 g California Walnuts finely chopped
- 2 tbsp maple syrup plus extra to serve
- 1 large pineapple peeled, cored and cut into 12 wedges
- 50 g butter softened
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Mix the walnuts and maple syrup together and spread out onto a small baking tray lined with baking parchment, bake for 7-8 minutes until golden and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, griddle the pineapple in 2 batches for 2 minutes each side to give golden bar marks.
- Whisk the butter and icing sugar together in a small bowl until pale and fluffy, stir in 25g of the walnut crumb.
- Serve the griddled pineapple sprinkled with the remaining walnut crumb, a drizzle of maple syrup and a spoonful of the walnut butter.
- Great for barbecues. Try stirring the 25g walnut crumb into vanilla ice cream instead of the whisked butter.
Serving: 221g | Calories: 410kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 5.1g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 8.4g | Fibre: 4.2g | Sugar: 32g