Spiced California Walnut and Pear Baked Oats
Servings 4 Servings
- 1 banana
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.3 cups oats
- 0.66 cups California Walnuts – roughly chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 ripe pears – thinly sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 190°c / gas mark 5.
- Mash the banana and mix well with the milk and maple syrup.
- Add the oats, walnuts and spices to a non-stick baking pan that’s at least 1” deep – mix everything well and try to keep the walnuts fairly evenly laid out.
- Pour over the plant milk and banana mix, and again, stir well so that it’s combined.
- Lay the pear slices over the top of the mix in two lines.
- Optional: sprinkle a little coconut sugar and extra cinnamon over the pears.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, turning halfway.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with coconut yoghurt and extra toasted walnuts.
Calories: 462kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Fibre: 9.1g | Sugar: 20g