American Key Lime Pie
For the base:
- 250 g digestive biscuits
- 50 g California Walnuts
- 150 g butter melted
For the filling:
- 3 large egg yolks
- 397 g can condensed milk
- Zest and juice 4 limes plus extra zest to garnish
- 100 g California Walnuts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170oC, gas mark 3.
- Place the biscuits and Walnuts in a food processor and blitz to give fine breadcrumbs, stir in the butter and press into the base and sides of a 23cm fluted flan tin. Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks until pale and thick, then add the condensed milk, whisk for 2-3 minutes then add the lime zest and juice and whisk for a further 2-3 minutes, stir in ¾ of the Walnuts. Pour into the biscuit base, sprinkle with remaining Walnuts and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool before chilling. Serve with lime zest sprinkled on top.
Calories: 601kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Sugar: 32g
Back to Recipe Search
Cooks tip Top with a little whipped cream to serve.