Apple and Florida Grapefruit Crumble with California Walnuts
Servings 4 people
- 1 kg Bramley apples peeled, core removed and diced
- 2 Florida Grapefruits
- 200 g Caster sugar
- 20 g Corn flour/starch
- Pinch of Salt
- 100 g Rolled oats
- 100 g Gluten free/ rice flour
- 100 g Butter
- 100 g Broken up California Walnuts
- 1 Egg yolk
- Peel and remove the core from the apples before cutting into 1/2cm slices.
- In a large shallow pan, pour the sugar in with the apples and cook on a medium heat.
- Cut the skin off the Florida Grapefruits, then slice the segments out before adding to the apples.
- Add a pinch of salt to help improve the flavour, I promise it works!
- To make the crumble, break the California walnuts up in your hand and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the flour, oats and butter to the bowl along with the sugar and mix together with your hands to make a crumble.
- Finally for the crumble add an egg yolk and stir together.
- Mix the corn flour with a little water to make a thin paste.
- When the apples are soft and cooked, pour the cornflour in and stir together.
- The apple and Florida Grapefruit mixture will thicken as you stir together, remove from the heat and pour into an ovenproof dish ready for the crumble.
- Scatter the crumble mixture over the apples and grapefruit and gently spread out.
- Bake in the oven at 170c for 30-40 minutes, until golden.
Serving: 416g | Calories: 895kcal | Carbohydrates: 114g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Fibre: 8.3g | Sugar: 73g
Back to Recipe Search
0.17g salt per serving