Aubergine & Walnut Parmigiano
Servings 4 people
- 2 aubergines thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper finely diced
- 100 g broccoli florets finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 50 g California Walnuts finely chopped plus 15 whole Walnuts
- 125 g pack reduced fat mozzarella thinly sliced
- 400 g passata
- 1 tbsp Parmesan finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Brush the aubergine slices with a little oil and griddle or fry for 1-2 minutes each side.
- Add the remaining oil to a large frying pan and fry the pepper, broccoli, tomatoes and chopped walnuts for 4-5 minutes until softened, season well.
- Select the 12 largest aubergine slices and place half a slice of mozzarella in the centre, divide the filling between the slices and roll up, placing them seal side down in a greased ovenproof serving dish. Finely chop any remaining aubergine slices and stir into the passata, pour this over the aubergine rolls and scatter over the remaining mozzarella, torn and the whole walnuts.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake for 30 minutes until golden and tender.
- Great served with a salad and crusty bread. Make this dish in advance and simply cook when needed.
Serving: 336g | Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 13.3g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 27.7g | Saturated Fat: 5.7g | Fibre: 7.6g | Sugar: 11.2g
Back to Recipe Search