Baked Figs, Walnuts & Camembert
- 250 g camembert cheese
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- ½ ciabatta loaf thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large figs quartered
- 75 g California Walnut halves
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 190oC, gas mark 5.
- Remove the wrapping from the cheese and place in a round ceramic dish just big enough for the cheese to fit snugly. Make a few slits in the top and press in small sprigs of rosemary. Place on a baking tray.
- Brush the ciabatta slices with oil and place on a separate large baking tray. Bake both in the oven (with cheese on the shelf above the bread for 15 minutes until the bread is crispy and golden. Remove the bread and set aside and cook the cheese for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the figs and walnuts to the camembert tray and drizzle over the maple syrup, bake for a further 5-8 minutes until the cheese has softened and the figs are just soft.
- Transfer to a serving platter, scatter with rosemary leaves and serve with the toasted bread.
Serving: 174g | Calories: 469kcal | Carbohydrates: 31.2g | Protein: 17.3g | Fat: 29.8g | Saturated Fat: 8.6g | Fibre: 3.6g | Sugar: 14.1g
Back to Recipe Search
Salt: 0.97g Cooks tip: Great for sharing or as a light lunch, try spreading the bread with the cheese and top with figs and walnuts for a warm buffet treat. Try using garlic slices in addition to the rosemary in the cheese.