Baked Peppers With Rice, Chicken & California Walnuts
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 250 g pouch sun dried tomato basmati rice
- 50 g California Walnut Pieces roughly chopped
- 200 g roast chicken shredded
- ½ x 25g pack parsley chopped
- 4 red peppers 1kg
- Preheat the oven to 200 degC, gas mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes, add the rice, walnuts and chicken and fry for 2-3 minutes until heated through, season to taste and stir in the parsley and 2-3 tbsp water.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds. Trim the bases if needed so they stand upright and place them in a small roasting tin with 3 tbsp water in the base.
- Spoon the rice mixture into the pepper shells and bake for 30 minutes or until the peppers are just softened. Serve with a fresh leafy salad.
Serving: 376g | Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 25.8g | Protein: 20.6g | Fat: 17.2g | Saturated Fat: 2.8g | Fibre: 7.2g | Sugar: 11.4g
Salt: 0.39g. Cooks tip You can use this filling to stuff large onions or aubergine shells. Try replacing the chicken with shredded pulled pork.