Beetroot, California Walnut and Sour Cream Dip
This nutty, creamy dip is perfect for a healthy snack or light lunch option. Serve with crackers or rye bread and bring the vibrant colours of California to your mealtime.
Servings 4 Servings
- 60 g California walnuts
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 270 g cooked beetroot
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh dill roughly chopped
- 1 small slice of stale bread
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the walnuts onto a baking tray and toast in the oven for 8-12 minutes, or until tinged golden brown and fragrant.
- Toast the caraway seeds in a dry frying pan for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Place 1 tsp of the seeds in a pestle and mortar and grind to a powder, setting the rest aside.
- Roughly chop the beetroot and place into a food processor along with the lemon juice, garlic, walnuts, sour cream and ground caraway seeds.
- Tear the bread into chunks and add to the processor, then blitz until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into a bowl and sprinkle with the remaining caraway seeds and chopped dill. Drizzle over the walnut oil to finish.
- Serve with crudité and rye crackers or toasted dark rye bread.
Serving: 384.9g | Calories: 724kcal | Carbohydrates: 78.5g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 40.3g | Saturated Fat: 5.4g | Fibre: 9g | Sugar: 2.1g
Back to Recipe Search