Blue Cheese & Walnut Bread Swirls
- 500 g pack white bread mix
- 20 g butter
- 100 g California Walnuts
- 100 g tomato chutney
- 100 g Stilton crumbled
- Place the bread mix in a large bowl or the bowl of a free-standing mixer fitted with a dough hook. Add the butter and rub it in with fingertips to resemble breadcrumbs. Stir in 50g finely chopped Walnuts and 330ml lukewarm water to form a rough dough. Knead for 8-10 minutes until smooth. Transfer to an oiled bowl, cover and leave to prove for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- On a floured surface, knock back the dough to remove any air pockets, roll out to a 40 x 25cm rectangle, spread with the chutney and sprinkle over the cheese and
- remaining chopped Walnuts. Roll up from the long end and cut into 12 slices. Place the slices, cut side up, in a 35x25cm parchment lined tin, cover and leave for 30 minutes to rise again.
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
Serving: 12g | Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 7.6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3.7g | Fibre: 1.8g | Sugar: 3.2gBack to Recipe Search