Breakfast Mushroom, Walnut & Tomato Hash with Eggs
- 100 g California Walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g mushrooms roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions chopped
- 4 tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 100 g baby spinach
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Soak the walnuts in lukewarm water for 15 minutes, drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and fry the mushrooms and spring onions for 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, walnuts and tomato puree, season and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach until just wilted and make 4 hollows in the mixture. Crack an egg into each hollow, cover and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the eggs are just set.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley and black pepper.
- Great served with chilli sauce, or add chopped bacon for a non-plant based version.
Serving: 225g | Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.9g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 3.6g | Fibre: 3.1g | Sugar: 3.7g
Back to Recipe Search