Brownie Walnut Cookies by Luce Hosier
Servings 16 cookies
- 140 g dairy free butter
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons of dairy free milk
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 240 g plain flour
- 15 g cacao powder
- 140 g chopped California Walnuts
- Sea salt flakes optional
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line 2 large or 3 small baking trays. Chop the dark chocolate into chunks and melt 50g of it. Put the melted chocolate to one side.
- In a large bowl add the dairy free butter, light brown sugar and caster sugar. Using an electric whisk to cream the ingredients together.
- Add the vanilla extract, dairy free milk and 50g of melted chocolate and whisk again until combined.
- Now add the flour, baking powder and cacao powder and using a spatula combine well.
- Save a handful of chopped walnuts and chocolate chunks and empty the rest into the mixture. Fold so they’re evenly scattered throughout.
- Next split the mixture into approximately 16 balls and place them on the baking trays with plenty of space in between.
- Flatten slightly and push the remaining chocolate and walnuts into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes and leave to cool slightly before sprinkling with sea salt flakes and enjoying!
Serving: 57g | Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4.1g | Fibre: 1.6g | Sugar: 20g