Bulgur Wheat, Feta & California Walnut Salad
- 200 g bulgur wheat
- 350 ml hot vegetable stock
- 100 g California Walnut Halves
- 1 red apple cored and sliced
- 200 g feta crumbled
- 25 g pack parsley chopped
- Juice 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 200 degC, gas mark 6.
- Place the bulgur wheat in a small saucepan and pour over the stock, cover and bring to the boil, cook for 2 minutes then remove from the heat and allow the bulgur wheat to steam until tender, allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, roast the walnuts for 5-6 minutes. Stir into the bulgur wheat with the apple, feta and parsley.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, oil and honey and toss into the salad, season to taste.
- Try using couscous or any pouch of mixed grains instead of the bulgur wheat. Try adding shredded roast chicken or cooked prawns for a more substantial main meal.
Serving: 2589 | Calories: 564kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 18.3g | Fat: 34.2g | Saturated Fat: 9.4g | Fibre: 5.3g | Sugar: 6.3g
Back to Recipe Search