Cajun Glazed Carrots with Walnuts
Servings 4 people
- 500 g baby topped carrots washed
- 100 g California Walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Place the carrots and walnuts in a large roasting tin. In a bowl, mix together the garlic, Cajun seasoning, maple syrup oil and 2 tbsp water, season and drizzle over the carrots, toss to evenly coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Sprinkle with chives and serve.
- Try using chantenay carrots or wedges of parsnips.
Serving: 141g | Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 15.4g | Protein: 5.5g | Fat: 23.4g | Saturated Fat: 2.8g | Fibre: 5.6g | Sugar: 13.3g