California Walnut and Cheese Savoury Muffins
- 280 g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 60 g chopped California Walnuts
- 100 g grated Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 220 ml milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tbsp butter melted, for glazing.
- Small handful of chopped California Walnuts for on top.
- Preheat oven to 180ºc fan.
- Place 12 muffin cases into a muffin tin.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt in to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the chopped walnuts, grated cheese (reserving a little to sprinkle on top of the muffins) and thyme and mix well.
- Mix the milk and eggs together and then pour in to the dry ingredients.
- Gently mix everything together until its combined being careful not to over work the mixture.
- Divide the mixture evenly in to the muffin cases and place in the preheated oven for 18mins.
- After 18mins carefully take the muffin out of the oven and brush each muffin with a little melted butter and sprinkle the extra chopped California walnuts.
- Place in the oven for a further 5 to 6 minutes until golden and delicious.
- Allow to cool slightly before enjoying, best served warm.
Serving: 161 | Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 7.5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3.4g | Fibre: 1.3g | Sugar: 1.2gBack to Recipe Search