California Walnut and Lemon Parsley Spaghetti
This healthy spaghetti recipe shows just how simple cooking can be. Whether you’re a student with limited cooking experience or home late from work with only a few ingredients, this main meal can be whipped up in a flash and at a very low cost.
Servings 2 people
- 160 g spaghetti
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g California walnuts toasted and finely chopped
- 50 g flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon and juice of half
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the spaghetti as per the packet instructions.
- Using a medium sized non-stick frying pan, sauté the garlic in the olive oil over a medium heat for 1-2 mins until fragrant and soft.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan, then stir in the California walnuts, parsley, zest and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and black pepper to serve.
Serving: 290g | Calories: 780kcal | Carbohydrates: 63.6g | Protein: 17.5g | Fat: 52.4g | Saturated Fat: 6.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 25.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 17.5g | Sodium: 63mg | Potassium: 637mg | Fibre: 8.2g | Sugar: 3.7g