California Walnut and Roasted Carrot Hummus
Hummus never tasted so good! The combination of smoky roasted carrots and creamy walnuts with zingy lemon will have you keeping a stash of this in the fridge at all times! Enjoy with crudités or toasted bread
For the hummus:
- 200 g carrots cut into sticks
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas drained
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 80 g California walnuts toasted
- Splash of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A handful of green olives roughly chopped
- 2 slices of preserved lemons thinly sliced
- Small bunch coriander roughly chopped or torn
- Additional extra virgin olive oil optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the carrots onto a small roasting tray and sprinkle over the cumin and olive oil. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until tinged golden.
- Place the roasted carrots, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and 50g of the California walnuts into a food processor and blitz until smooth, adding in a splash of water if you need to loosen the mixture a little. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the hummus into your chosen container, then top with the olives, preserved lemon slices, coriander and leftover walnuts. Drizzle over some extra olive oil.
Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.9g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 22.2g | Saturated Fat: 2.7g | Fibre: 4.6g | Sugar: 4.5g