California Walnut and Rosemary Crusted Goats Cheese with Beetroot Carpaccio
Creamy goats’ cheese and beautiful beetroot are the perfect match for California walnuts – whip up this easy salad for lunch, dinner or a side dish and watch it disappear.
Prep Time 1 hour
Servings 4 People
- 2 medium sized beetroots 1 golden and 1 purple makes a pretty colour combination
- A little olive oil
- 40 g California walnuts
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 20 g breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 X 100g pieces of goats’ cheese
- 40 ml walnut oil
- 15 ml cider vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 tsp orange blossom honey
- 1 head of radicchio
- Place the beetroot into a small saucepan of salted boiling water over a medium heat and cook for 35-40 minutes, or until tender. Drain and leave to cool a little before rubbing off the skin with your fingers.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, line a flat baking tray with foil and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Roughly chop the walnuts and 1 sprig of the rosemary, mix with the bread crumbs, and season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl, dip the goats’ cheese into the egg, place into the walnut bread crumb mixture and toss lightly to coat.
- Place the goats’ cheese onto the baking tray and push a rosemary sprig into the centre of each. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the nuts are toasted and the goats’ cheese is soft and melty inside.
- Whisk together the walnut oil, cider vinegar, lemon juice, orange zest and honey and season to taste.
- Slice the beetroot as thinly as possible with a sharp knife or mandolin. Take 2 medium sized plates and lay the beetroot in a thin layer.
- Separate the radicchio leaves and lay on top of the beetroot, then drizzle each plate with the dressing.
- Top each plate with a baked goats’ cheese to serve.
Serving: 1Quarter | Calories: 401kcal | Carbohydrates: 13.2g | Protein: 15.8g | Fat: 32.1g | Saturated Fat: 11.1g | Fibre: 2.6g | Sugar: 8.7g