California Walnut Carrot Cake Bliss Balls
These little balls of bliss are the perfect snack to grab and go when you’re on the move, or as a pre-gym pick-me-up. Full of tasty ingredients, they’ll leave you thinking you’ve just eaten a real slab of carrot cake.
Servings 25 Balls
- 200 g California walnuts toasted
- 80 g oats
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 2 heaped tsp ground ginger
- 1 heaped tsp ground turmeric
- Zest and juice of half an orange
- 130 g grated carrot
- 200 g medjool dates
- 60 g desiccated coconut
- Place the California walnuts, oats, sunflower seeds, ginger, turmeric and orange zest into a food processor and pulse until you have fine breadcrumbs. Add the carrot and dates and whizz again. Add in a little of the orange juice and blitz again, adding a little more orange juice if needed, until the mixture just comes together.
- Roll the mixture into 25 balls. Place the coconut onto a plate or tray, and roll the balls to coat. Chill in the fridge or keep in your freezer until needed.
Serving: 1Ball | Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.1g | Protein: 2.3g | Fat: 8.2g | Saturated Fat: 2.1g | Sugar: 5.5g
Back to Recipe Search