California Walnut & Cheese Tear ‘n Share Scones With Walnut Butter
Servings 10 scones
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp English mustard powder
- 100 g butter diced
- 100 g Cheddar cheese grated
- 75 g California Walnut Pieces chopped + 25g for the butter
- 3 tbsp chopped chives
- 150 ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6. Grease a large baking sheet.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and mustard in a large bowl and rub in 50g butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in 75g Cheddar, all but 2 tbsp of the walnuts and 2 tbsp chives. Using a round bladed knife, mix in the milk to give a soft dough, taking care not to over knead it.
- Transfer to a floured surface and roll out until 2cm thick. Using a 6cm round cutter, cut out 10 rounds and arrange them in a circle shape on the baking tray so that they all just touch each other. Brush with milk. Mix the remaining Cheddar with the reserved 2 tbsp walnuts and sprinkle on top of the scones. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, soften the remaining 50g butter and mix in the last 1 tbsp chives and the final 25g finely chopped walnuts.
- Serve the scones warm with the walnut butter.
Serving: 60g | Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 18.3g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 19.2g | Saturated Fat: 8.4g | Fibre: 1.4g | Sugar: 1.1g
Back to Recipe Search