Walnut Christmas Loaf Cake
Servings 8 slices
- 100 g dried mixed fruit
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 50 g California Walnuts chopped +12 walnut halves to garnish
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 3 tbsp brandy
- 200 g butter or reduced fat spread softened
- 200 g light brown soft sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 200 g self raising flour
- 50 g marmalade
- Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4. Line a 900g loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Place the dried fruits, walnuts, mixed spice and brandy in a small saucepan and cook for 1-2 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed. Allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk together the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and fluffy, whisk in the eggs 1 at a time. Stir in the flour and then the soaked fruits, spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool before removing from the tin.
- Warm the marmalade with 1 tbsp water and brush over the cake, top with the walnut halves to decorate.
Serving: 127g | Calories: 498kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 7.1g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 4.7g | Fibre: 2.5g | Sugar: 41g
Cook’s tip Great cut into slices and served warm with brandy cream