California Walnut Crusted French Toast with Berries
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 thick slices white bread
- 50 g California Walnut Pieces chopped + extra to serve
- 1 tbsp oil
- Knob butter
- To serve: Fresh strawberries blueberries and raspberries
- Mix together the eggs, milk and honey in a shallow dish, add the bread slices and soak on both sides until most of the egg mixture has been absorbed.
- Sprinkle the walnuts over 1 side of each slice and press in.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan and fry the bread gently, walnut crusted side down first, for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Halve each slice and serve drizzled with honey (optional), extra walnuts and fresh berries.
- For a savoury option, remove the honey and replace it with a pinch of dried mixed herbs and serve with grilled bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes.
Serving: 168g | Calories: 527kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 17.1g | Fat: 36.7g | Saturated Fat: 6.6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 17.8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9.8g | Fibre: 4.2g | Sugar: 8g