California Walnut Falafel Buddha Bowl
This bowl of goodness will please any palate! Whip up this plant-based feast with nutty falafels, radishes, hummus and quinoa for a lunch time treat.
Servings 2 People
For the quick pickled radishes:
- 1 small red onion
- 6 radishes
- 1 lime
- 50 ml rice vinegar
For the falafel:
- 1 400 g tin of chick peas drained
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 80 g California walnuts toasted (plus a few extra halves to garnish)
- Medium bunch of coriander reserving a few leaves for garnish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pouch of pre-cooked quinoa
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp hummus
- 2 handfuls of green salad leaves
- 1 piece of flatbread toasted
- To make the radish and onion pickle, peel and finely slice the red onion and thinly slice the radishes. Place into a small bowl.
- Zest and juice the lime and add to the bowl along with rice vinegar. Put to one side whilst you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Place the chickpeas, garlic, cumin, walnuts and coriander into a food processor and blitz until the mixture comes together.
- Roll into 8 evenly sized balls and flatten each ball slightly. Add the olive oil to a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Heat the quinoa as per the packet instructions. Split between two large bowls and drizzle each with olive oil, stirring through to combine.
- Top each bowl with the falafel, hummus, pickled radish and salad leaves. Sprinkle each bowl with the reserved walnuts and remaining coriander leaves and serve with warm flatbread.
Serving: 1Half | Calories: 855kcal | Carbohydrates: 65.4g | Protein: 27.1g | Fat: 54.8g | Saturated Fat: 6.5g | Fibre: 16.9g | Sugar: 7g
Back to Recipe Search