California Walnut, Fig and Berry Chia Pot
This creamy chia pudding combines the autumnal flavours of fig, walnuts and berries for a beautiful breakfast that will set you up for the day ahead. Prep the night before for a quick and easy brekkie option.
Servings 1 Person
- 1 vanilla pod
- 25 g California walnuts toasted and chopped
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 120 ml milk of your choice
- 1 fresh fig
- 100 g frozen mixed berries defrosted
- 4 California walnut halves toasted
- 2 cherries
- A sprig of mint
- Split the vanilla pod in half with a sharp knife and scrape out the seeds, then mix together the vanilla seeds, chopped walnuts, chia seeds, yoghurt, maple syrup and milk. Leave aside for 15 minutes to allow the chia seeds to swell.
- Cut the fig in half. Spoon a layer of the chia seed mixture into the bottom of a jar, then place the fig halves in the jar, pressing the cut faces up against the edges of the glass.
- Spoon in the remaining chia mixture and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.
Calories: 593kcal | Carbohydrates: 32.2g | Protein: 21.5g | Fat: 39.7g | Saturated Fat: 6.7g | Fibre: 19.2g | Sugar: 29.5g