California Walnut, Mushroom and Bean Burgers
Servings 4 burgers
- 100 g California Walnuts plus extra to serve
- 400 g can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 100 g mushrooms
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- 4 spring onions finely sliced
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 4 brioche burger buns halved
- Lettuce tomatoes and red onion to serve
- Place the Walnuts, kidney beans, mushrooms, soy and garlic granules in a food processor and blitz to give a coarse texture. Stir in the spring onions and season. Divide into 4 and mould into burger shapes.
- Brush the burgers with a little oil and place on a BBQ or griddle pan and cook for 2 minutes each side.
- Toast the buns on the BBQ or griddle pan until golden, top the base of the buns with lettuce and tomato and then add the burgers, finish with red onion and extra Walnuts adding the top half of the buns to serve.
Calories: 437kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 3.9g | Fibre: 7.5g | Sugar: 8.4g
Back to Recipe Search
Cook’s tip: Make the burgers ahead of time and chill until the BBQ is ready. 0.82g salt per serving