California Walnut Pancakes with Maple Walnut Butter
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
- 125 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tbsp maple syrup + extra to serve
- 284 ml tub buttermilk
- 50 g California Walnut Pieces chopped + extra to serve
- Oil for shallow frying
- 1 ripe banana sliced
- For the walnut butter:
- 50 g butter softened
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 25 g California Walnut Pieces chopped
- To make the walnut butter, whisk the butter and maple syrup together until pale, stir in the walnuts and set aside.
- Place the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl and mix to combine. In a jug, beat the egg and maple syrup into the buttermilk and whisk into the flour mixture, stir in the walnuts.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan and add 4 tablespoons of batter to make 4 pancakes. Cook for 2 minutes each side and repeat to make 8 pancakes.
- Serve topped with walnut butter, banana, a drizzle of maple syrup and extra walnuts.
Serving: 190g | Calories: 517kcal | Carbohydrates: 49.4g | Protein: 11.2g | Fat: 29.9g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Fibre: 2.6g | Sugar: 22.9g
Salt: 0.46g Cooks tip Try making the pancakes a little in advance and just reheat gently in the oven before serving. Honey works just as well as maple syrup or serve with fresh berries or even bacon.