California Walnut Parfait with Candied Walnuts
For the California Walnut butter.
- 100 g California Walnuts roasted in the oven for 15mins at 160ºc fan.
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Just a pinch of salt.. less than 1/4tsp
For the Parfait.
- 300 whipping cream
- 60 g homemade California Walnut butter
- 30 g icing sugar
- 3 tbsp chocolate sauce
For the Candied Walnuts.
- 130 g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g California Walnuts
Begin by making the homemade California Walnut butter.
- Once cooled add the roasted walnuts, cinnamon and salt to a food processor and blitz until as smooth as possible. My food processor takes around 7minutes to achieve the correct consistency.
- Now whip the cream until you have soft peaks
- Mix the walnut butter with the icing sugar until well combined.
- Gently fold the walnut butter and sugar mixture in to the whipped cream, trying not to lose too much volume.
- Pop in to either an airtight container or silicone moulds to be extra fancy and pop in the freezer for at least 3hours.
To make the candied California Walnuts..
- Heat a non stick pan on to a medium to high heat and add the sugar, butter and vanilla extract, once it begins to melt stir it to combine and then add the walnuts in. Stir often to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan and the sugar doesn’t burn or it will be very bitter.
- Once all of the sugar has dissolved and the walnuts are fully coated, pour on to your lined baking tray ensuring you have a single layer and carefully but quickly separate the walnuts using a couple of spoons.
- Leave to harden.
- Drizzle some of the chocolate sauce on to a small plate then scoop some of the parfait and place on top of the chocolate sauce, add a little more chocolate sauce on top and the add some of your candied walnuts for texture.
Serving: 1181 | Calories: 852kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 68g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Fibre: 2.8g | Sugar: 46gBack to Recipe Search