Seeded Date California Walnuts Protein Bars
Servings 12 bars
- 100 ml milk
- 1 tsp Chocolate flavour protein powder
- 200 g dried pitted dates roughly chopped
- 3 high protein wheat biscuits
- 100 g California Walnuts + 15g for sprinkling
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50 g mixed seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup optional
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6. Grease and line a 20cm square baking tin with parchment.
- Heat the milk and protein powder in a small saucepan to just below boiling, remove from the heat and add the dates, leave to soak for 5 minutes.
- Place the dates and any liquid a food processor and pulse to give a coarse paste. Crumble in the wheat biscuits and add the Walnuts, egg and cinnamon and pulse again to give a coarse texture. Stir in the seeds and press into the prepared tin, smooth out the surface and sprinkle with the remaining Walnuts, pressing them in slightly.
- Bake for 20 minutes and allow to cool, brush with maple syrup, if using, then cut into 12 bars.
- Try other flavours of protein powders or use plain whey powder.
Serving: 52g | Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 4.8g | Fat: 9.7g | Saturated Fat: 1.3g | Fibre: 3.1g
Back to Recipe Search
Salt 0.04 per serving