California Walnut Zaatar Flat Breads by Nadia's Healthy Kitchen
For the flatbread dough
- 220 g white flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp fast action dried yeast
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 60 ml dairy-free milk
- 80 ml water
For the topping
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g California Walnuts
- 2 tbsp Za’atar mix
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- Pomegranate seeds
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, sugar and yeast, then pour in the milk, water and olive oil. Knead for a few minutes, then transfer to a bowl, cover with cling film and tea towels and leave in a warm place to rise. This should take 1-2 hours.
- Punch the dough down and divide into 4 balls. Place onto a floured worktop and roll out with a rolling pin into a circle, then transfer the flatbreads onto an baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Mix the topping ingredients in a bowl (California Walnuts, olive oil and Za’atar mix)then spread over the flatbreads and bake in a preheated oven at 220C/200C fan for 12 minutes.
- To serve, squeeze about 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice on each and top with pomegranate seeds. Enjoy!
Serving: 134g | Calories: 487kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 3.9g | Fibre: 4.1g | Sugar: 2.5g