Carrot Cake Loaf
- 325 g plain flour
- 20 g oats
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 80 g demerara sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 300 ml dairy free milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 35 g melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 125 g approx. 3 medium carrots (grated)
- 100 g crushed California Walnuts
- 50 g raisins or sultanas
For the frosting:
- 200 g dairy free cream cheese
- 90 g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line or grease a loaf tin.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, light brown sugar, demerara sugar and baking powder.
- Now in a separate bowl combine milk, vanilla extract, melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and combine.
- Add 75g of the crushed walnuts, grated carrot and raisins and fold them evenly through the mixture.
- Empty the mixture into the loaf tin and bake in the oven for approx. 45 to 50minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Whilst the loaf bakes whisk together the cream cheese and icing for the frosting and place it in the fridge.
- Allow the loaf to cool completely before removing from the tin, topping with frosting and scattering the remaining crushed walnuts on top. Slice and enjoy!
Serving: 171g | Calories: 534kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Fibre: 3.9g | Sugar: 42g