Cheese, Walnut & Apricot Biscuits
Servings 18 biscuits
- 125 g plain flour
- ½ tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 100 g cold butter diced
- 100 g Manchego cheese grated
- 25 g dried apricots finely chopped
- 50 g California Walnuts chopped + 25g for garnish
- 1 medium egg
- Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4. Line 2 large baking trays with baking parchment.
- Place the flour, paprika, a pinch sea salt and the butter in a food processor and blitz to give breadcrumbs. Add the cheese, apricots and walnuts and pulse to mix in evenly.
- Add the egg and mix until a rough dough is formed. Roll into a cylinder about 16cm in length, wrap in clingfilm and chill until firm.
- Cut the biscuit mix into 16-18 slices and place on the 2 trays. Roughly chop the remaining walnuts and sprinkle over the biscuits, pressing into the dough slightly. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden round the edges, allow to cool slightly before transferring to cooling rack.
- Great served with a cheese board.
- Try using hot paprika for a little kick. Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
Serving: 24g | Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.1g | Protein: 3.2g | Fat: 9.8g | Saturated Fat: 4.7g | Fibre: 0.6g | Sugar: 0.8g