Chicken, Avo and California Walnut Rice Paper Wrappers
A healthy, veg-packed option, perfect for picnics, parties or a get together with friends. Or make with the kids for a fun, interactive lunch!
Servings 2 People
For the wraps:
- 6 rice paper wrappers
- 1 cooked chicken breast sliced
- 60 g toasted California walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 avocado peeled and sliced
- Small bunch Thai basil
- Small bunch mint
- A handful of micro herbs if available
- Small bunch of watercress or rocket leaves if you prefer
For the dipping sauce:
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 2 cm piece of ginger finely grated
- To make the dipping sauce, whisk together the tahini, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar and ginger. Loosen the mixture with a splash of water to create the perfect dipping consistency.
- Take a large mixing bowl and fill with warm water. Gather together the remaining ingredients so they are all to hand.
- Soak a rice paper wrapper in the warm water for about 20 seconds and place on a damp, clean tea towel.
- Put a little chicken, avocado, watercress and a sprinkle of the herbs in the middle of the wrapper, then top with some of the walnuts. Fold in the edges of the wrapper over the filling and roll up the opposite edges to seal. Continue this process with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve with the dipping sauce and any remaining chopped walnuts on the side to dip as you go.