Chicken California Walnut and Olive Tagine
Servings 4 people
- 65 g pitted reduced salt green olives rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 preserved lemon rinsed and drained, roughly chopped
- 1 onion
- 25 g pack coriander
- 50 g California Walnuts
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 600 g chicken breast fillets cut into chunks
- 300 g low salt chicken stock made with 1/2 stock cube
- Wholewheat couscous to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Place the olives, garlic, preserved lemon, half the onion, roughly chopped, most of the coriander including the stalks, 25g walnuts and 1 tbsp oil in a food processor and blitz to give a coarse paste.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken and remaining chopped onion for 5 minutes. Add the olive paste and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in remaining walnuts and the stock and bring to the boil. Transfer to a casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with cooked couscous sprinkled with the remaining chopped coriander.
Serving: 272g | Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.9g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2.3g | Fibre: 2.5g | Sugar: 4.3g
Back to Recipe Search
Cook’s tip Serve with flatbreads or brown rice instead of the couscous. 1.8g salt per serving