Chilled California Walnut and Cucumber Sunshine Soup
When the weather’s fine, embrace the sunshine with our chilled cucumber and walnut soup! This stunning bowl makes a show stopping starter at summer dinner parties.
Servings 4 People
For the soup:
- 400 g cucumber peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 spring onions roughly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- Small bunch of tarragon
- Couple of sprigs of mint
- Small bunch of basil
- 100 g California walnuts
- 220 g Greek yoghurt
- 30 ml lemon juice plus a little extra
- 70 ml extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
For the garnish:
- 8 ice cubes
- 2 radishes thinly sliced
- 50 g California walnuts toasted
- Mixed herbs
- Salad leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Place all the ingredients for the soup into a blender and blitz until smooth. Season with the salt and pepper, adding a little more lemon juice if you like.
- Pour the soup into four bowls and garnish with your choice of fresh herbs and leaves, sliced radishes, toasted walnuts and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Pop one or two ice cubes in each bowl to keep the soup chilled.