Chilli California Walnut Nachos
Servings 4 people
- 100 g California Walnuts plus extra to serve
- 300 g mushrooms
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 400 g can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 400 g can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 350 g tortilla chips
- 50 g Tex Mex flavoured grated vegan cheese
- 200 g guacamole
- 200 g tomato salsa
- Place the walnuts in a food processor and mix to give a coarse crumb. Repeat with the mushrooms and mix into the walnuts.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the walnut mixture and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the spices and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato puree and both beans and cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season and stir in the coriander.
- Place the tortilla chips on a large heatproof plate, top with the chilli mince. Sprinkle with Tex Mex cheese and grill for 2-3 minutes. Top with guacamole and tomato salsa and sprinkle with extra chopped Walnuts to serve.
Serving: 457g | Calories: 746kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 7.3g | Fibre: 16g | Sugar: 16g
Back to Recipe Search
3.7g salt per serving