Chilli California Walnut Pasta Bake
Servings 4 people
- 100 g California Walnuts plus 25g
- 300 g mushrooms
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 400 g can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 400 g can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 250 g pasta shapes
- 50 g vegan hard cheese finely grated
- 6 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Place 100g walnuts in a food processor and mix to give a coarse crumb. Repeat with the mushrooms and mix into the walnuts.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the walnut mixture and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the spices and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato puree and both beans and cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season and stir in the coriander.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta shapes in boiling water for 11-12 minutes, drain and stir in the chilli mince, transfer to a baking dish. In a small bowl, mix together the cheese, breadcrumbs and remaining 25g chopped walnuts and sprinkle over the dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
Serving: 406g | Calories: 749kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 3.1g | Fibre: 19g | Sugar: 12g
Back to Recipe Search
0.95g salt per serving