Chilli California Walnut, Rice & Avocado Burritos
Servings 8 burritos
- 100 g California Walnuts
- 300 g mushrooms
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 400 g can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 400 g can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 8 large tortilla wraps
- 250 g pouch microwaveable long grain rice
- 1 ripe avocado sliced
- Place the walnuts in a food processor and mix to give a coarse crumb. Repeat with the mushrooms and mix into the walnuts.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the walnut mixture and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the spices and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato puree and both beans and cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season and stir in the coriander.
- Spread the chilli mince down the centre of the tortilla wraps, top with the rice and sliced avocado, fold over the side and wrap up. Cut each in half to serve.
Serving: 263g | Calories: 479kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3.6g | Fibre: 11g | Sugar: 6.6g
Back to Recipe Search
1.3g salt per serving