Chilli California Walnut Stir Fry
Servings 4 people
- 100 g California Walnuts
- 300 g mushrooms
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 400 g can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 400 g can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 100 g sugar snaps halved lengthways
- 2 carrots cut into matchsticks
- 1 bunch salad onions sliced
- 300 g straight to wok medium noodles
- Place the walnuts in a food processor and mix to give a coarse crumb. Repeat with the mushrooms and mix into the walnuts.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan and fry the walnut mixture and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the spices and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato puree and both beans and cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season and stir in the coriander.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan and fry the sugar snaps, carrots and spring onions for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the chilli mince and noodles and heat through for 1-2 minutes.
Serving: 532g | Calories: 609kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fibre: 20g | Sugar: 17g
Back to Recipe Search
0.93g salt per serving