Chocolate Orange Walnut Flapjacks by Luce Hosier
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 300 g dates pitted
- 600 g oats
- 200 g golden syrup
- 180 g California Walnuts plus more for decorating
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Zest of 2 oranges
- Juice from 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 60 g dark chocolate melted
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a rectangular baking tray with parchment paper.
- Begin by covering your dates in boiling water and leaving for 10 minutes. Then drain and add to a blender or mash until a paste is formed. Don’t worry if there are still chunks of dates.
- Add the golden syrup, vanilla extract and orange juice and combine.
- Now chop the walnuts into small chunks and combine in a large bowl with the oats and cacao powder. Save a tablespoon of orange zest for decorating and add the rest to the bowl. Combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and combine thoroughly. Empty the mixture into the baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Allow the flapjacks to cool slightly before removing from the tin and cutting into squares.
- Decorate with the melted dark chocolate and the remaining orange zest. Enjoy
Serving: 113g | Calories: 464kcal | Carbohydrates: 66.5g | Protein: 9.8g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2.8g | Fibre: 6.4g | Sugar: 32.6g