Christmas Nut Loaf
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 400 g can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 180 g pack whole chestnuts
- 150 g Walnut Pieces roughly chopped
- 50 g cranberry sauce plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped oregano
- 100 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 125 ml hot vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark Grease and line a 1kg loaf tin.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes until golden. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place the kidney beans and chestnuts in a food processor and roughly chop. Transfer to a large bowl and mix in the onions, walnuts, cranberry sauce, spice, herbs, and breadcrumbs, season well. Mix in the stock, press into the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Cut into slices and serve with extra cranberry sauce and vegetables.
Serving: 154g | Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 30.8g | Protein: 10.1g | Fat: 20.5g | Saturated Fat: 2.2g | Fibre: 7.8g | Sugar: 12g
Salt: 0.39g Cooks tip: Press the mixture into large balls and bake for 15 minutes to serve as part of a buffet. Try using cannellini beans or chick peas instead of the kidney beans.