Citrus Salmon & Walnut Rice Salad
- 2 small salmon fillets
- 2 oranges
- 250 g pouch microwaveable brown basmati rice
- 75 g California Walnuts toasted
- 50 g pitted black olives halved
- ½ x 28g coriander roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Poach the salmon in simmering water for 8-10 minutes until just cooked through, remove the skin and break into large flakes.
- Meanwhile, cut the ends off the oranges and remove the skin and pith with a sharp knife, remove the segments reserving the juices in a bowl. Heat the rice according to pack instructions and mix in the orange segments without the juice, walnuts, olives, coriander and salmon flakes.
- Whisk the oil and honey into the reserved orange juice, season and toss into the salad.
- Try swapping the olives for capers and try other types of rice pouches.
Serving: 477g | Calories: 853kcal | Carbohydrates: 50.8g | Protein: 40.8g | Fat: 52.6g | Saturated Fat: 7.6g | Fibre: 6.1g | Sugar: 16.8g