Coffee and Walnut Cake
For the cake
- 285 g self-raising flour
- 90 g California Walnuts blended into crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 70 ml coffee
- 130 g caster sugar
- 90 g light brown sugar
- 70 ml melted coconut oil
- 140 ml dairy free milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the frosting
- 140 g icing sugar
- 40 ml coffee
- 340 g dairy free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of corn flour
- Handful of walnuts for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line the bases of two cake tins with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, walnut crumbs, baking powder, caster sugar and light brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl combine the coffee, melted coconut oil, dairy free milk and vanilla extract.
- Now pour the wet ingredients into the dry and combine. Split between the cake tins and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the frosting by whisking together the icing sugar, coffee, cream cheese and corn flour. Place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 1/2 hours to set.
- Once the frosting has set smother some in between the cakes, and the rest on top. Decorate with walnuts, slice and enjoy!
Serving: 134g | Calories: 471kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 5.4g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Fibre: 1.8g | Sugar: 36g