Coffee & California Walnut Mug Cake
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 4 tbsp self raising flour
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 25 g California Walnuts chopped
- Beat the egg in a 350ml heatproof mug with the milk and oil. Blend the coffee with 1 tsp boiling water and add to the mug with the flour, sugar and all but 2 tsp walnuts, mix well to combine.
- Microwave on full power for 2-3 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Sprinkle with reserved walnuts.
Serving: 1245g | Calories: 944kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 61g | Saturated Fat: 6.3g | Fibre: 3.5g | Sugar: 42g
Back to Recipe Search
Cooks tip Coffee essence work just as well as instant coffee. You can also serve with whipped cream and a dust of cocoa powder. Add these when sprinkling with the reserved walnuts.