Five Ingredient California Walnut Energy Bars
At just five ingredients, you’ll be able to whip these tasty energy bars up in a matter of minutes! Perfect to enjoy when afternoon hunger strikes, the combination of the zingy cranberries and decadent cocoa will have you making these again and again.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Servings 16 Bars
- 100 g California walnuts plus 16 walnut halves for decorating
- 200 g medjool dates
- 150 g dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 heaped tsp beetroot powder
- Place 100g of the California walnuts into a food processor and pulse into a fine meal. Add the dates, cranberries and cocoa powder and process until the mixture is smooth and forms together into one lump.
- Tip the mixture onto a small square lined baking tray and flatten with the back of a metal spoon into a smooth, even layer. Place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- Once chilled, dust the top with the beetroot powder, cut into 16 bars and top each with a walnut half. Store in an airtight container.
Serving: 1Bar | Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 16.4g | Protein: 2.5g | Fat: 9.5g | Saturated Fat: 1.1g | Fibre: 2.2g | Sugar: 13.8g