Five Ingredient California Walnut Energy Bars
At just five ingredients, you’ll be able to whip these tasty energy bars up in a matter of minutes! Perfect to enjoy when afternoon hunger strikes, the combination of the zingy cranberries and decadent cocoa will have you making these again and again.
Servings 16 Bars
- 100 g California walnuts plus 16 walnut halves for decorating
- 200 g medjool dates
- 150 g dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 heaped tsp beetroot powder
- Place 100g of the California walnuts into a food processor and pulse into a fine meal. Add the dates, cranberries and cocoa powder and process until the mixture is smooth and forms together into one lump.
- Tip the mixture onto a small square lined baking tray and flatten with the back of a metal spoon into a smooth, even layer. Place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- Once chilled, dust the top with the beetroot powder, cut into 16 bars and top each with a walnut half. Store in an airtight container.
Serving: 1Bar | Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 16.4g | Protein: 2.5g | Fat: 9.5g | Saturated Fat: 1.1g | Fibre: 2.2g | Sugar: 13.8g
Back to Recipe Search