Fluffy & Light Coffee California Walnut Tiramisu
- 300 g mascarpone
- 300 ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 tbsp icing sugar
- 200 ml espresso or instant coffee (50ml for the cream mix), cooled
- 175 g sponge fingers 1 pack
- 100 g chopped California Walnuts
- 4 tsp cocoa powder
- Add 250 ml mascarpone & 100ml double cream into a bowl.
- Whisk together to combine.
- Add rest of cream and rest of mascarpone and whisk until thick (almost to whipped cream but still smooth - not bubbly).
- Add vanilla, icing sugar and 50ml chilled espresso.
- Fold gently together until espresso is combined.
- Dunk sponge fingers into remaining cooled espresso to soak them gently.
- Layer in 2 glass dishes (7-8 fingers should fit on the bottom perfectly of a 7in x 5in dish - but use what you have at home).
- Then layer ¼ cream over each set of sponge fingers (½ the cream in total).
- Sprinkle about ¾ of your chopped walnuts.
- Add another layer of dunked sponge fingers (7-8 should fit now).
- Add the rest of the cream.
- Sprinkle it with cocoa powder.
- Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Place in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours, or you can save to have the next day and then serve!
Serving: 1284 | Calories: 1091kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 90g | Saturated Fat: 48g | Fibre: 2.2g | Sugar: 42g
Back to Recipe Search
Cook’s tip: Use a stand mixer on a low to medium setting to make the cream if you have one, it’s much easier and will only take a few minutes. Soak the sponge fingers until completely covered in coffee, but not soggy. Make your espresso ahead if you know you’ll be making this, and leave to cool in the fridge to save you time. Recipe created by Gemtakesfoodpics